INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING IN COLORADO SPRINGS
SENDING DOCUMENTS AND SMALL PACKAGES OVERSEAS FROM COLORADO SPRINGS
Pak Mail professionals simplify the process of international shipping from Colorado Springs by choosing the appropriate and most cost-effective shipping method, and by completing the waybills, customs forms, and commercial invoices for you. Documents and small packages ship internationally with UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS. Pak Mail has contracts with international freight carriers for larger items.
Reading a list of rules and regulations can be overwhelming. Pak Mail reviews customs Schedule B codes and restrictions for international and military shipments. Our expertise helps avoid possible delays in delivery. Check out the list below for a few general but helpful pointers.
- Remove batteries from toys and electronic devices. Ticking, vibrating, or any kind of noise coming from a package during transit can create suspicion.
- Do not ship prohibited items such as hazardous or flammable material (including perfume and cologne), aerosol cans, firearms, furs, perishables, plants, tobacco, and liquor, to name a few. Pornographic material is illegal in some countries.
- Avoid sending anything that will melt such as chocolates.
- Be aware that the international shipping process (loading and unloading packages multiple times in transit) may increase the risk of damage to very fragile items unless they are professionally packed.
- Consider the item value, speed of service, distance, weight, and package dimensions when shipping internationally. Weight and size are very important in determining the rate. If you’re on a tight budget, select small lightweight items for shipping. Packages less than 4 pounds are the most economical to send. Keep in mind that the box and packing materials add to the total weight.
- Custom forms or commercial invoices must be completed for all non-document shipments. The forms must include the value of the items and optional value protection must match the value claimed for customs.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS – DUTIES AND TAXES
INFORMATION ABOUT COUNTRY CUSTOMS REGULATIONS
There are country-specific facts and regulations that may affect your international shipments. For example, shipping used clothing to Mexico may be prohibited by Mexican customs unless the recipient can prove travel to and from the ship-from country. Items made in China sent to Mexico may carry a 500+% customs duty and/or taxes, possibly causing the recipient to abandon the items.
Some countries allow a gift exemption on imports. For example, Canada allows $60 Canadian, many European and Eastern European countries allow $45 Euros, and Japan allows 10000 Japanese Yen (approximately $95 US). Mexico and Colombia do not allow gift exemptions.
All duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. Unfortunately, we have no way to calculate these fees since they are assigned by each country at the time the package arrives. Contact us if you need more information before shipping internationally.